5.03.2006

A Survey of New Media

As designers, we must understand the many cultures that converge around each other, creating sub and hybrid cultures. To most, blogging is nothing more than daily musings from individuals across the world with something to say. This series of articles explains the phenomena of blogging and its place in history as a start of a New Media Renaissance. I thought I was in the know with all the cool younger kids by teaching at an art school, but now I feel totally on the brink. Turns out that teeangers don't even use email as their #1 correspondence.

I think there is something here for us to learn from. To me, we must formulate our theories and ideas through research, and what better way to record that research than on-line?
The Economist. More Later.

No comments: